Saturday, April 3, 2010

Simon & Victoria

We spent a very enjoyable couple of days with Simon and Victoria, a couple from Pheasant Plucker’s Cottage, England, traveling around Belize for a few weeks. They stopped here on a whim because they were touring the Mountain Pine Ridge, and it turned out to be one of those meetings where we couldn’t figure out how we’d all gone so far through life without meeting. Simon and Tom swore that Victoria and I were long lost sisters since we had so many things in common, and we pretty much spent the entire time they were here talking. I had to laugh, because one night at dinner Tom and Simon were sitting across from each other and Victoria and I were facing each other, and while Tom and Simon tried to talk, Victoria and I were having a very animated conversation across them. Simon finally put his hands up to the sides of his eyes as blinkers and said to Tom, “Do you think they’ll ever stop? I think they’re mirror images!” That stopped us, and we all laughed.

While they were here, Lili and I took Victoria on a jungle ride. Simon stayed at the farm and rode the hammock. :-)

No comments: