Saturday, June 5, 2010

Five Shots Down…

…and I’m not sure how many more to go, hopefully none. The first five weren’t too bad, although when I started I was dreading the big horse needle in my butt and not too worried about being poked by the little insulin needle around the sore, and it ended up that the shots in the butt weren’t too bad because they were quick, but the poking and shooting around the sore became pretty painful after a couple of days. I’m not getting any shots over the weekend, and I have to go back and have the woman giving me the shots look at the sore on Monday to see if she thinks I need more shots.

I’m not sure if it’s any better. Tom seems to think it’s looking somewhat better, but it’s hard for me to tell because it hurts more than when I started the shots, and it’s very red and sore around the hole mostly from all the little shots. And, I think the sore is drying out, which makes it pull and hurt a little more when I move my arm, since the sore is right on my shoulder joint.

This medication isn’t approved by the FDA because of the side effects, but I don’t seem to have suffered any serious side effects. I’ve been a little nauseous and headachy, but I’m not sure if that’s from the shots, or because the migraine preventative I’ve been taking every day for the past twenty or so years is on the list of drug interaction cautions, so I haven’t taken that for the past week. And, I’ve been trying not to take anything for the headaches because the medicine is hard on the liver, and I figure the less I give my liver to work on the better. So, I’ve just been feeling a little crappy, but not really sick, and I’m not sure if it’s from the shots or from what I’m not taking that I usually do.

I’ll post another update after Monday when I know if I need more shots or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is going well with the treatment. How are you doing?

Dennis