Thursday, April 24, 2008

This must be real…


Tom and I must really be doing this. Now that we have a finished sign, we must have a real business, huh? Now we have to wait for the people to just come pouring into our driveway.


We’re not just sitting back and waiting, though. One of our errands yesterday was to get color printouts of this poster. Next time we’re out and about we’ll be armed with tape and thumbtacks, and we’ll be sticking these signs up where ever we can.


After posting the last blog entry, I was standing in the driveway in front of the guest cabin telling Tom what I wrote, and that I didn’t have a lot of good wildlife sightings to report for the week. Just as I was finishing what I was saying, Tom pointed under the cabin to ask if that was what I was looking for – and we saw a very graceful gray fox casually walking under the cabin towards the treeline. We’ve heard the foxes around recently, but haven’t seen any until now. Selwyn predicts that we’ll be seeing fewer and fewer of the neighbors’ chickens if the fox is feeling self confident enough to be strolling around before it’s dark. Tom took this picture of a gray fox sleeping in a tree at the Belize Zoo. Unlike gray foxes in the north, these foxes apparently spend as much of their time in trees as they do on the ground.

No comments: